Microsoft Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool that is changing how people work together. Our team has a deep appreciation for quality, and we understand the work required to get there. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we are motivated by the desire to create product experiences people and teams love.
As a Senior UX Engineering Lead on the team, you will be responsible for the planning and execution in your areas of responsibility, the growth of your team, and collaboration with partners. You will be hands-on in the process which includes interpreting designs into fully functioning interactive experiences, quickly learning new tools and technologies, and use your understanding of the design process to merge that knowledge with established development processes. We are looking for a leader, who thinks strategically, works pragmatically and with enthusiasm in a fast-moving environment focusing on the customer.
- Nurturing an outstanding engineering environment, mentoring and coaching
- Working hands-on with the team through design and implementation
- Offer alternatives when technology constraints require design compromises
- Develop and share best practices among the team
- Identify tools, libraries, and other opportunities for increased efficiency and a better product
- Drive collaboration with designers and product managers to create prototypes that convey experience intentions when static comps can’t tell the whole story
- Communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders about status and opportunities
- Fostering an inclusive, collaborative work and team environment open for diverse perspectives and ideas
- A minimum of BA/BS in Computer Science with a strong emphasis on design, or in user interface design, web design or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and good communication skills
- Excel in the implementation of highly-polished user interfaces with the ability to match redlines and motion specs
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Design, Research, Engineering, PM)
- Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and multiple priorities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Experience with ReactJS and Typescript
- Experience working on large codebases
- Experience with multiple devices and platforms (e.g. cross browser, mobile, responsive design)
- Proven ability to work within tight timelines with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Sketch or Figma