Come be a part of making One Microsoft a reality. The Office Coherent Cross-platform Experience team (CXE) works across the Office suite, across desktop, mobile and web, and increasingly even across Microsoft, to create shared platforms and experiences. We are leveraging technologies like React, React Native, and Web Components to achieve these goals.
Our passion is for applications in and outside of Microsoft to be built faster, with consistent pixel-perfect precision according to our design language, high performance goals, and accessibility targets. We strive to solve common problems, in a shared and forward thinking manner, for Office, for Microsoft, and extending into the open source community. If we work together, we go farther.
CXE is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a team contributing to this mission. The role will primarily involve contributing to the Fluent UI React Native Component library (https://github.com/microsoft/fluentui-react-native) while also getting involved across the react-native space as a whole. We are looking for an engineer that shares our passion for open source and wants to help us take this project forward. This job will present you with an outstanding career growth opportunity and scope of influence both within open source and across multiple products at Microsoft.
This role will involve:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Helping to build out our Fluent React Native controls
- Working across both desktop and mobile scenarios
- Potentially helping to build out our open source react-native-windows and react-native-macos projects
- Working at the platform level, writing common code that can be consumed by many teams.
- Working in open source wherever possible; consuming, extending, and building our own set of open tools.
- Collaborating with teams across the Office org and across the company
- Expertise in React Native, React, and other OSS frameworks and libraries
- Expertise in both mobile and web development
- Experience working with open source, github, etc.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience in the high-tech industry.
- Good communicator who is passionate about building a friendly and fun environment that enables inclusiveness, productivity and development
- Real passion for improving software quality, aesthetics, performance, and reliability through engineering excellence
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.