Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Digital has increased the speed, and changed the way, in which companies build and reinvent themselves. To remain relevant in the next decade, companies need to establish organizational structure with a digital culture at its core, a digital platform, and a digital approach to innovation.
In a world being driven by disruptive technological change, Digital Advisors bring the business insights that make this disruption accessible to business leaders.
Digital Advisor is a destination role but not an end of career. Digital Advisors are significant contributors to strategy, transformation, and customer engagement, focused on catalyzing vision/ideas for customers at a company-wide strategy (board) level and helping customers set and execute their journey toward that vision.
Digital Advisors set the pace for disruptive business change beyond mere technical modernization.
For customers, the Digital Advisor connects them to unique perspectives and constructive disruptions that inspire them to drive the future story of their business together with Microsoft and the Microsoft ecosystem. They co-create, accelerate, and deliver a digital transformational journey built on deep customer knowledge and empathy. Digital Advisors guide customers through the three elements of the digital transformation journey - strategic, technical, and cultural so that customers can continue to innovate on their own.
The focus of the Digital Advisor role is Digital Transformation, bringing innovative ideas, leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Platform and showcasing the unique role that Microsoft can play.
Connect customers to unique perspectives and constructive disruptions that inspire them to drive the future story of their business together with Microsoft and the Microsoft ecosystem
Co-create, accelerate, and deliver a digital transformational journey built on deep customer knowledge and empathy
Guide customers through the three elements of the digital transformation journey - strategic, technical, and cultural so that customers can continue to innovate on their own
Create the multi-horizon plan for generating cloud consumption with a clear path for long-term quota retirement
Acquire and strengthen BDM relationships with thought provoking POVs and insights
Furthermore, Digital Advisors are expected to demonstrate:
Influence the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo and bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ businesses. Instigate the Digital Transformation (DT) program of change with customers to build their digital business, resulting in commitment from customers to proceed with the plan. Demonstrate how the vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and technologies are brought to bear. Design the DT program of change and its three elements – digital culture, digital platform, and digital approach.
Change Leadership and Adoption
Bring their expertise, as well as the full potential of Microsoft to reach the customer’s digital aspirations. Provides experience and leadership capabilities to ensure a proper digital transformation governance model to lead the change, ensure business value is created, deliverables are met, and a DT program of change is creating continuous innovation capability within the customer, leading to ongoing commitment and consumption of our cloud services.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model
Strong Leadership of the Digital Advisor Community. Establish themselves in the marketplace and internally as a thought leader and trusted advisor to executives and account teams. Instigate shift from deal-by-deal approach, towards initiation of a DT program of change, where Microsoft, our partners and customers jointly pursue continuous business innovation to evolve market perception of Microsoft as a digital partner of choice.
Generates a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating cross group collaboration.
Ability to merge modern technologies with transformational initiatives
Digital Advisors should also have the necessary technical background so as to merge modern cloud capabilities into DT program of change initiatives. They should understand technology trends and they can pitch the value of modern digital technologies in CxO level discussions in the right industry & business context.
Our Digital Advisors know their customer’s industries, business, and how Microsoft can help them drive their digital transformation. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities. They also share a common set of characteristics - such as strong leadership and people skills - and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Thought leader with significant experience working with C-level and Business Decision Makers (BDMs)
- Executive-level, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Broad understanding of technology, including current and emerging digital solutions
- Experience managing technology-enabled business change within one or more industries – particularly in Retail, and/or Manufacturing)
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including the coordination of relevant resources
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Consistent record of delivering business value by bringing the benefits of technology to transform business
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, specifically, the customer
- Experience in Microsoft Cloud capabilities or related technologies. Key technical skills including but not limited to: key cloud technologies, architecture principles and patterns, modern methodologies and practices in Cloud Native/Ready context. Microsoft’s value proposition from intelligent edge to intelligent cloud.
- Ability to advocate for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, and diverse offerings, by conceptualizing, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft technologies
- Recognized innovator with strong storytelling abilities
- Track record of inspiring growth mindset for teams and customers, and influencing professional and industry networks